Sunday, March 1, 2009

Impactful Sunday

6.30am, my alarm rang...ARGH!!!! I need to wake up for my SGM!!! :(

I only managed to sleep for a few hrs....dragged myself up and get ready to go for my SGM at Cityhall at 8am on a Sunday morning...



We were then brought to the Civilian War Memorial to do self reflection. We had some quiet moments for ourselves. Each individual of us having different experience for the reflection. As for me, this was really the 1st time I sat at the park and observe the surrounding. The park was quiet and peaceful while the surrounding was buzzing. Cityhall, Suntec City building, buses , cars , people rushing and walking .....



This reminds me of my life..no matter how quiet and peaceful,angry, sad, shut off etc that I choose to be, the world around me lives on..They won't stop because of me. I can have my quiet moment, but I need to pull myself up fast because once the second hand tick, the previous second was history and never be able to retrieve back. How you want people to remember you , is how you use your every second in your life to create a difference in them and yourself.



After this reflection , I went off with my small group members to LP 80 WOW day at SWAMI. I helped and chatted with a cheerful and strong Ah ma. She is 84 years old this year. She spoke Hokkien and she told me that she treated SWAMI as her home. She do morning exercise, help the nurses to clean up, push those old needy to the garden everyday. When I asked her to take a photo with me, she was still worried that her hair was not "Swee" ( beautiful in Hokkien ) and keep "combing" her hair with her hands.

Click on the hyperlink of SWAMI, you can find this Ah ma nice photos featured in the web page =)



Cute and Positive Ah Ma!! I salute you for your big heart and happy-go-lucky attitude.



Next, I talked to lady whose named is Josephine. She can only speak English and Mandarin. She had two boys. One is 11, the other is 10 this year. She suffered from stroke and need to go for physiotherapy. She told me that she suffered from depression as she do like travelling but because of the condition now , she is wheel-chair bound. She was sad with her life and she don't know what she can do... So now she already somehow pull herself up and try to do a lot of things to forget some of the sad issue that she had...



I challenged her to be confident in herself that she can do much more that she expect herself to be.. I told her my experience of her that she is a powerful and determine woman. She went silence for a few moments and she looked at me and told me this. "Ya. You are right! I must be confident and bring myself up and move on my life to a greater height and also I promise that when the next time you have a chance to come and visit me again, I am able to walk without the wheel chair!"

I was touched by her. She was thankful that I spoke to her and encouraged her.

Josephine , you are a powerful woman! Live on and shine on others !



This was the Sunday, I reflected my life.

This was the Sunday, I made a difference in other.

This was the Sunday, I enjoyed with my LP 79 mates.

This was the Sunday, I loved myself and others.

No comments: