Sunday, July 19, 2009

SHAPE run 09.

19th of July was here...It was SHAPE run 2009.

Woke up at 6am to get ready for the run. Reached Millenia Walk at about 6.30am by cab..too lazy to take bus cos I was still in my dreamland..lol

This was the first time I had took the initiative to sign up for some running thingy and was the furthest distance I had ever run. I must be crazy to sign up as I hate running since young..hahaha..but don't know why I had actually sign up and get my LP 79 friends to run with me too. CRAZY liao....

I did not train at all for this run...Too tired and lazy to train :P
Therefore was a bit worried I could not complete the run.So when I was at the starting point I told myself my goal for today's race was to complete it. Once it flagged off at around 7.45am, I just kept running in my comfort pace so that I could maintained it for the 5km. The weather was nice and with some music, it somehow do keep me running on..

My handphone was a MP3 for me..I had selected some songs for the run...initially was playing some slow songs, then I found that it was not tat motivating ..so decide to change to some fast songs...At the end, I had chosen "Hot N Cold" by Katy Perry and this one and only song had accompany me at least for 3km :)

During half way, I had blister and somehow do feel like giving up and walked back, then I told myself that never mind..I should not give up so fast and just kept running...I did walk here and there but at the end I had managed to finish running within 45mins. YEAH!!!!

The willingness to do running was supposed had built up during my LP 79 journey. I had a bitchy buddy . VERDY YONG , who kept asking me to run even at midnight lor...my 1st 5km was "trained" by him too...hahaha...I would never forget it as it was a torture at that time...lol.

I was happy and proud of myself that I could complete the run and the best part it was within the timing I had set for myself. I must praise myself for that.

WELL DONE CINDY ! =)

No comments: